This Train the Trainer course costs €100, part-funded by the Department of Education and Skills under the National Action Plan on Bullying. It is an online course with two face to face facilitation skills workshops which will be delivered over a 10 week period from 1st of October 2017 to 8th of December 2017.
Course content includes:
- Defining Bullying (e.g. cyberbullying, identity-based bullying)
- Victims, Bullies and “The Bully Circle”
- Consequences of Bullying
- DES Circular and Procedures: The Anti-Bullying Policy
- Whole School Community Approach
- Bullying Prevention
- Bullying Intervention
- School’s Role/Teacher’s Role/Parents’ Role
- Bullying Prevention and Intervention Strategies
- Bullying Resources, Methodologies and Support
Who provides the course?
ABC is a national research and resource facility dedicated to the study of bullying behaviour in schools and workplaces and to the development of resources and training to support schools, teachers and parents to prevent and intervene in bullying situations.
Researchers at ABC were the first in Ireland to undertake research on school bullying, workplace bullying, homophobic bullying and cyberbullying.
ABC leads the field of research, resource development and training in bullying in Ireland and is an internationally recognised centre of excellence in bullying research.