Stopping cyberbullying might seem like an overwhelming task at first. But there are really effective ways to stop it from happening. It is always recommended to inform a parent/ guardian/ teacher if you are being cyberbullied or suspect that somebody you know is being cyberbullied.
Remember… cyberbullying will only stop once you do something about it. Here are some ways you can stop it:
- Refuse to pass on bullying messages.
- Report harmful messages to the social network or content moderators.
- Provide support to the victim.
- Block people who bully online and encourage victims to do the same.
- Seek support from an adult or teacher.
- Change your passwords at least every 3 months.
- Have the highest security and privacy settings. Default settings are usually not good enough.